Thursday, November 30, 2006

Home


Now that I'm feeling much more back to normal (stitches out, wounds healed, new passport on its way), I would like to thank everyone back in California who expressed their concern for me, inquired after me, helped my mom, and basically showed me their love. I really needed it to get through a tough time being so far away from my 'home base'.

I especially want to thank my parents - Mom and Dad, you filled my needs with no questions and wanted to do anything you could to take care of me at a distance. I can't say 'merci' enough times. I wouldn't be here without you.


Rebecca and Bethany, my big sisters who I love. I've barely gotten to talk to you over the past few weeks with all the confusion and the time difference, but your love hasn't gone unnoticed. I certainly haven't been able to tell you exactly how grateful I am for your willingness to drop everything and rush to my side, no matter the cost, the hassle, the 4 month old baby on a plane. You guys were (are!) amazing and I'm sure I don't know half of the trouble that you went through to be available for me. I don't know what I would do without you. I am so lucky to have such great sisters to look up to.


And I wish that instead of rough, french speaking firemen cleaning me up, I would've liked to have my big brother Garrett, now an expert in emergency medicine, there to comfort me and make me laugh instead of cry, like he always does. Now you're not the only one in the family to have a head wound!!


And to everyone else, friends and family, you mean so much to me. Thank you all for your concern and kind words. I can't wait to see you very soon (3.5 weeks!) for Christmas.


Merci beaucoup!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tess-I still can't believe that all happened to you. Every time I think about it, it still makes me p.o.'d at those guys.My protective sister instincts kicked in to high gear.
Nothing would have stopped me from going over there to be with you Tessa. I wanted to jump on a plane the second I found out. You were so strong to not want your mom and sisters to be your rescue team...anyways with all that said COULD YOU JUST GET YOUR BUNS HOME!!!!We miss you and can't wait to see you for Christmas.-Bethany

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Tessa !

See you Friday !

Kahina from 2M

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Happy Birthday dear Tessa! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!
Smiles, hugs, & kisses from the Erickson's. Be looking for something in your mailbox from us. Love you Tess!!!!!!!!!!!!R,B,G,&C

Anonymous said...

Tess!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! i miss you my sweet cousin and i hope you have had a wonderful day full of things you love...which sounds like is pretty much everything in Paris except smelly muggers and french police. i am so proud of you for being strong and know you put up a great fight to save your purse!! I am so glad you are doing better..we were all praying for you. I can't wait to see you and hear all your stories of a city I fell in love with in just days. see you soon!!!!!