Well, I'm officially OLD as of December 2nd. I'm 23! Ick! I'm approaching middle age.
I had an amazing day full of (window) shopping and buying the most FABulous new pair of shoes. Then all my friends came over for a light dinner and catch up. We then all headed out to a club, but I ended up leaving early because my FABulous new pair of shoes were killing my feet. Haha, I suppose my vanity deserved that.
The next day, Meredith and I had the opportunity to go see "Le Roi Soleil", a rockin' musical about Louis the 14th. The tickets were a gift for my birthday. It was a total pleasure because we've been obsessed with the music since I was here as a student and bought the CD, and the tickets were way too expensive for us to afford, but we got to go see the amazing dancing, singing and acrobatics. It was CRAZY cool. Go to the site http://www.leroisoleil.fr/ to see a little clip of it, or the pictures. My students all make fun of me when I tell them what I went to see, because I guess its a little cheesy, but we LOVED it.
PS I got my passport! God bless the American way of doing things. It only took 5 days! Now I have an identity and I can come home for Christmas! Hooray!
PPS Everyone should download my favorite Christmas song. I can't stop listening to it...http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000009RDI001008/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_008/002-4032218-2403224
Otherwise known as "Everybody's Waiting for the Man with the Bag" by Kay Starr. Merry early early Christmas!
2 comments:
Tessa, LOVE the shoes. Moo ley voo coo shay awe ve sheow se shwa!(my translation of that is...those shoes are really HOT!)
I wanted to try and sing along with "le re soy" but I had nothing. The video helped .. I did like the part where it got all drama at the end. Sounds like you had a fun birthday. Mom said you got my package, Yay! We also have a "sisters/mom" bithday plan in January before you leave. We will fill you in later. Love you Tess, my Teresa----Bethany
So I figured out how to post a comment so I will. Happy Birthday and very cute shoes. I'll have to borrow them to go with the jacket I borrowed from your closet when you get home. Love, Rebecca
Post a Comment