
Here's a little glimpse of my saturday...
This is Tanya washing her hands in her closet. Yeah. There's a sink in the closet. Seriously, sometimes I wonder about this country...
I went to visit her in her ginormous apartment in Maisons Lafitte, a suburb of Paris. It needs a lot of work (removal of sink from closet, for example) but its really cool. Or rather, it will be really cool once they've renovated it.

This is a view of the Eiffel Tower that I happened to glimpse as we were on the bus. I love little surpises like that. You're just rolling along, on your daily business, and boom, there's a internationally recognized monument and wonder of the modern world!

The colors of the trees outside remind me that its fall. And the fact that I have to wear my heavy coat and gloves now remind me that it will soon be winter. Sometimes I have to catch my breath at how beautiful this city can be.
Today, I was walking home from church and decided to detour through Parc Monceau not too far from where I live, but one of those parks I've only been to like twice and during the summer. Aimlessly rambling around on the dirt paths, I found myself truly moved by God's creation and a bit of solice from the crazy pace of the city. There were joggers, families, duck feeders and other amblers like me. I love sunday afternoons in Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment