I may have found a job.
What's that you say? Tessa, don't you already have a job?
Well, seeing as how I only work like 10-12 hours a week, it only barely counts as a job. And actually, this new prospect isn't much better, but its something. And its something that I'm really interested in as a future career. So its really exciting!
I found the ad in the FUSAC (a magazine for anglophones in Paris) for a english speaker willing to do an internship, or "stage" for about 20 hours a week and for a small stipend (like a bit more than 200 euros. yeah, that works out to about 3 euro an hour. yipee). So I sent in my resume and they responded. I went in for an interview and I'm going in today for my first day of training during a trial period.
So, what does this company do that its so attractive that I'm willing to work for 3 euros an hour? Its a small business that is divided into two branches. The first takes care of important people who come to Paris (for businss, pleasure, whatever). They arrange everything from the airport pickup to hotel reservations, tours around the city, interpreters for business meetings, day trips to elsewhere in France, etc. The second branch is translation and interpreting services. HA! That's awesome! I'll get to polish my translating skills! And what a great thing to put on a resume, even if I am getting paid peanuts.
Here's the sites of the two branches of Paris International:
http://www.paris-tours-guides.com/
http://www.nip.com.fr/PITranslations/index.htm
I'll post more info when I know more. Today's my first day of training! Wish me luck!
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment