Vacation! Horrah for obscure socialist system school breaks in the middle of the semester! I have barely started working (2 weeks of actual work) and we get a 1 and a half week break already for Toussaint (All Saint's Day). Well, I haven't actually gotten paid yet (downside of socialism), so no money to go explore elsewhere in Europe. But that's okay, I'm going to talk long walks around this lovely city and consider myself lucky that I get to live here!Today was the first day of our break, so Meredith and I went grocery shopping, cleaned the apartment and then sat down for a little lunch (see pic) while we watched the high schoolers have gym class and get in fights (great way to hear bad french words. haha). I made soup that reminded me of cozy afternoons at home - it tasted just like Mom's ham and bean soup except it was carrot, leek and potato cream soup with ham. Sort of the french version of an old favorite. Note the baguette and orangina and cheese on the table. Absolute staples to any french meal. Now I'm planning to read a little Madame Bovary in my black turtle neck under the grey sky that I can see out my windows. So totally stereotypical. I love my life.
1 comment:
Such a tiny little table for a tiny little apartment, n'est pas?
[a total GUESS at that word, dredged from my high school brain, 40 years-plus ago]. How wonderful to be in a place where you can say 'Ilove my life'. May it always be.
love, Linda
Post a Comment