Sunday, October 01, 2006

Between Hieneken and Kronenbourg...


...is where you will find chez nous. Our little shoebox of an apartment is located on Rue des Moines (street of Monks) sandwiched between two big hanging beer signs. That's how I know I'm home. AWEsome.

Meredith and I finally moved in to our new place today. After much unloading, organizing, jamming, cramming, reorganizing and stuffing, we are MOVED IN! Most of our stuff fits in a tight but logical way. We have literally no storage, so a lot of it is kind of out in the open, but whatever. We're here!

Moving in sucks, in general, and today was no exception. But it is finally done and now I can feel free to start exploring my new neighborhood and the finding the little things that are unique and surpringly pleasant about the area. For example, we are a mere 15 minutes from Montmartre, the charming little "village on a hill" from Amelie. Our windows look out not onto a street, but onto the courtyard of a high school, so at night it will be relatively quiet and during the day I can spy on local teenage angst. We have a tree outside our window too and a pleasant breeze that blows through the leaves. There's a cheapie grocery store on our block (never mind that its open approximately 3 hours a week) and the metro and bus stops are about a 5 minute walk. Its hilly around here, for Paris anyway (not even comparable to San Francisco). Its mostly residential. Not touristy. Kind of far from the city center, but convenient for my teaching assignment. So voila! Bienvenue chez nous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a place.
It sounds cozy and you look beautifu! :)
-Sudi