Thursday, November 18, 2004

Feeling a little Bridgety



I have become inspired by reading Bridget Jone's diary - which is not at all like the movie, btw. She's fabulous and even though she's loppy and un-suave (is that a word?), she's happy. Or if not happy, at least she's a hilarious writer. Or I should say that Helen Fielding is a hilarious writer. Its very creative and funny and thoughtful, while being light and entertaining at the same time. Thanks to mom, the english major, I am a literary snob and rarely read anything but classics, but this is one exception. Besides, its fueling my female-power-men-are-all-jerks fire burning within my chest.

Its amazing how the more french I seem to learn, the less I seem to know. Perhaps while learning the french language, I'm slowly learning also how huge and complex it is and how incredibly feutal it is for me to think I might someday be sufficient in it, let alone fluent. But, no matter - am FABULOUS.

I think I must buy "The Count of Monte Cristo" and more importantly "Les Miserables", both in french if I'm feeling up to it. Sort of like atoning for my sins of reading Bridget Jones, I must now delve into some classic lit. to make myself feel intellectual superior.

No comments: