The funniest thing ever is when you have a Halloween Party in Paris and invite all your French friends and have a picture of George W. Bush up on the wall a mere 2 days before elections. That will elicit some comments, no problem. The french have no qualms about having a political debate - whenever, wherever.
I'm loving life here. I can't believe I've been here over a month and that its been almost a month since I've last updated this! I've been so busy, I guess. Well, busy in a different way. Its impossible to be as "plugged in" as I am in the states: I don't have a TV, I only see a computer every few days, only check my email when I have enough euros to pay for the internet... Not at all like Point Loma where you can check your email literally 12 times a day and you're always connected to the internet and you can always steal bootlegged copies of Seinfeld episodes off the network to watch in between classes...I mean, what?
Emily and Amanda and Maxine came for a visit this past weekend which rocked! I miss Point Loma people. It was so fun being the tour guide and showing them all the charm of Paris - my home! It also made me realize all the little things I'm starting to get used to here and taking for granted - the fact that I can see the eiffel tower out of my classroom window, there are really really cool lingerie stores everywhere, french boys are apparently really cute, etc.
Thats all for now. WAY TO GO DUBYA!!!
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment