Wednesday, December 28, 2005

...and more than a year later


I'm still alive. And still in love with Paris. So much has happened over the past year that I couldn't possibly catch up on it all. Basically, I'm back in San Diego for my senior year and planning to go back to Paris next year to be a language assitant. I'm enjoying life right now, but also going through some sort of identity crisis due to how much I grew and changed over the past year and how I can 'merge' my two lives...the one in france and the one back in the states. Anyway, my french boy is waiting for me. So we'll see where that goes.

My creative faculties are feeling rather depleted during this time in my life. Its bad. Its like as soon as I get deeply involved in academic activities, I cannot be creative no matter what I do. I don't feel inspired to write in my jounal, like I did every single day back in Paris. I haven't even thought about writing poems or songs for a very long time. I dunno, maybe its just Paris itself and the beautiful artistic culture that I felt myself surrounded by everywhere I went.

So, de toute façon, c'est moi actuellement. The photo, I mean. Christmas back in the states. It was great. Now I'm trying to keep myself occupied by seeing old high school friends and hanging out chez moi.

No comments: