Friday, January 26, 2007

Its a small world after all!!!


I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time last weekend! It was fabulous...about 1/3 the size of the original in California, and ever so slightly less magical, but amazing just the same. I think the less magical part has to do with the fact that the last time I went to the magic kingdom, I was still a kid. There's just something about seeing Cinderella's Castle and all the characters walking around that makes you just gleeful inside.
My favorite part was Startours, which I remember going to as a four year old in California, and loving it just as much (although, the robot-ship-capitain in California spoke English). The most disapointing part of the day was Indiana Jones temple of doom (or Indiana Jones et le Temple de Peril). At the original Disney, its a crazy jeep ride through a temple and the giant snake and huge rolling stone are really scary. Here, its just a roller coaster.
The best part about going in January is that there are almost no lines - the longest we had to wait was like 20 minutes! The worst part about going in January is the freezing rainstorm that arrived in the late afternoon (even though it looks like a beautiful day in the picture, I assure you that it was FREEZING). All in all, an unforgettable experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you decided to go in January, despite the cold, I assure you it is better than going on a Sunday in June when it is 100 degrees out and the SHORTEST line is 90 minutes!