Monday, March 05, 2007

Back to the grind

Ice skating in Boulogne(trying really hard to go backwards)Boat Party on the Seine (me, Nikki, the Eiffel Tower)
Typical Parisian evening (in front of the Hotel de Ville)
Big thumb monument at La Defense with my student Emmanuelle
Just me and my governor, Arnold (okay, at the wax museum in Paris)

After a two week break from school, we return this week for 4 weeks before our next two week break. I love France.



I spent my two weeks off not traveling or even relaxing around Paris really. Nope, I was working at my internship pretty much full time. I was also researching immigration laws and going to various interviews for a job.....that I got! Yes! I started today at Servcorp Paris. I will start as an intern as I wait for my work papers to clear. It is such a blessing to have found a company willing to go through the red tape and the wait to hire me! I will be an administrative assistant, after some training and getting my papers. It is a great way to get to know the international business market from a french perspective. I am so excited to be able to stay here this summer, though there is no place like home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I loved the picture of ice skating, however I went to the downtown plaza in Jan. ice skating, and never need to ever do it again in my life. I flopped on my arse and it hurt!! Hope you enjoyed it more than I did.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hehe ice skating was so much fun! Next time i'll have you landing a triple salchow with no problem! When are we going again? love and hugs, nikkixxx