Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chesnuts roasting and leaves falling



Well, I've officially been here for over a year. I arrived in Paris last September, and got to see all the seasons, all the people, all the tourists, all the friends, all the visitors, and lots of change.


A LOT has changed in my life over the past few weeks especially. I was denied my request for work papers with the company I was hoping to get them through, I was super bummed for about 2 weeks when I thought I would have to go back to California permanently (not bummed to go back home, but bummed that it wasn't my choice to leave Paris - which I'm not ready to do yet), then elated when I found another company who wanted to hire me full time in a job that seems like a dream...their lawyers are taking care of all of my work papers (hopefully all will be sorted out by January), they are letting me go home for both Thanksgiving AND Christmas vacations, I'll be working in international communications which is fascinating to me, and they are paying for me to take classes, etc. to learn German (ja!) and Italian (si!), and improve on my Spanish skills! HELLLO! This just sounds like the perfect job to me! Me who loves languages and would travel the world learning new languages if she could! And now I get to do that in Paris and get paid for it! That and I love the team that I'll be working with, and I get to work from home for a few months (home being my swinging chic parisian apartment - with room for guests...hint hint) while wating for the paperwork to come through.


Things are going great, and I feel so blessed that everything seemed to fall into place. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to come home to CA (where I haven't been for almost a year) and hang with the family and friends. I miss the California sun and burritos and big ginormous cars, and mostly my family. Can't wait to have a real pumpkin pie and watch football and speak English! I'm a coming home!

5 comments:

Flossy Excessively Stylish Design said...

Tess! How exciting!!!!! I am so extremely happy for you. You're living your dream. Love you! ~Kelsey Murrietta

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything is working out for you gorgeous girl! I can't wait to see you again; I miss you so much. Gros bisous, la petite anglaise xx

Und ich spreche auch ein bisschen Deutsch, ja?

LaRaquel said...

That is a beautiful photo of you. Let me know if said dream company has a branch in Spain... mua mua!

Anonymous said...

Tessa, I'm so glad everything is working out after all!!! Hopefully I'll have a chance to say hello while you're home...stop by the studio. love...melissa

Pam said...

That IS a chic white coat--I can't wait to see it--and the face above it--IN PERSON!!! Bisous! --Maman