Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dance Party USA

I love my apartment. Its sunny and clean. We keep it at a balmy 79 degrees and fortunately all my roomates like it that warm. We have a bigish kitchen and matching furniture, which is pretty impressive for a bunch of college girls. But one of the things I like the best about my apartment is the impromptu dance parties with the roomates. I like to call them Dance Party USA.

They tend to happen when one or more of us has a) had too much caffeine or b) has been listening to techno music all day or c) just wants to DANCE! Usually its me who's the one who's just gotta dance. And I'm up for dancing about 99.9% of the time. Its my passion. Its my thing. Its what gets me going. So, when Amber says "Hey, lets have a dance party!" I'm the first one to crank up the music and work it.

My roomates tend to look to me for dance advice, so a dance party usually turns into a dance lesson....amber: what do I do with my arms? me: well, you kind of have to keep moving them. Don't make it look forced though. Most importantly, try to look relaxed. But don't stop moving. Okay, now make your hips move in a figure eight. Yeah! Thats hot! etc. etc.

So, thats a typical Tuesday night in San Diego...

No comments: