Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Scrambled Brains and Sex

I just returned from Mexico City. I went as the interpreter for the company that I'm working for this summer. We went to a trade show in downtown Mexico city. It was very tiring and crazy and my brain hurts. I'm actually very relieved to be back in an English speaking country. This is a problem for 2 reasons: 1)heLLO, I'm going to be in Paris for like 10 months without coming home and 2)Although my feeble attempts at practicing my french this summer have yet to come to fruition, those 5 days in Mexico totally fried my brain with all the spanish. Oh well, es la vida...I mean - c'est la vie.

On another note: I've been watching Sex in the City for about 2 days now. I once promised myself that I would never stoop to that level. However, the show is quite funny but it makes me depressed. These four women just seem to be floundering in life. You get the feeling that they are all desperate to find a man, a husband or other. It makes me sad. Then I flip the channel to "Father of the Bride" and see a happy young girl just returned from Europe to surpise her folks with her engagement. Ummm... Don't worry mom and dad! The only thing I'm bringing back from Europe is a plethora of scarves and a decent french vocabulary.

No comments: